Permanent-magnet synchronous generators
|Power class||up to 20 MW|
Modular air/air cooled
Modular air/water cooled
Thousands of times in operation worldwide
Synchronous generators using permanent magnet technology are common in the wind industry. The full converter concept offers advantages, such as optimized yield because of the wide speed control range. This is complemented by the benefits of the permanent magnet technology. These include low maintenance and reliability, as no electrical excitation equipment is required. They bear a high efficiency and ultimately ensure a high total energy yield.
We designed these generators with high ruggedness in mind. The magnets are completely protected against corrosion and are short-circuit proof. Further, they set themselves apart as a result of their modularity: They are available in water-cooled and air-cooled versions, for low voltage and medium voltage designs.
The result: They can be optimally adapted to every turbine type.
- Use in onshore and offshore applications
- Corrosion-resistant components
- Maintenance-friendly design and high spare parts availability
- Maximum energy yield and high efficiencies
- Easy connection to the grid and frequency control with a full converter solution